How SERVPRO Helps During a Disaster
How SERVPRO Helps During a Disaster
During a natural disaster in Paris, TX it can be expected that there will be a large amount of damage to the area. When this happens, it is important to call on a reliable service for disaster recovery. Here are just a few reasons why SERVPRO is a leading choice during emergencies.
- They Can Handle Any Size Disaster
When a large disaster occurs, it can cause a devastating amount of storm damage. It can take a lot of work to get the rebuilding process completed, starting with mitigation and ending with restoration. Whether it’s a flood, hurricane, tornado or blizzard, they can handle any kind of disaster. Their large-loss specialists are trained and qualified to take care of an emergency of any size.
- They Are Available Nationwide
SERVPRO has over 1,700 franchise locations across the nation, so they can arrive quickly wherever they are needed for disaster recovery. Corporate locations can provide any needed equipment to franchise locations so that they have the right tools to get the job done. When extra help is needed in a particular location, teams from other areas can be called in for help.
- They Are Always Ready
Because they are open 24 hours a day and are available any day of the year, SERVPRO is always ready to come to your aid. Their quick storm response time means they can start working as soon as possible to mitigate any property that has been affected by the disaster. Getting mitigation done in a timely manner means that there will be less overall damage and the restoration process will take less time and money to complete. When you are in need of a disaster recovery service, you should choose a company that can work well while completing mitigation and repairs as quickly as possible. With highly-trained professionals that are always available in many locations across the country, SERVPRO is an obvious choice.
SERVPRO of Paris understands your situation. As an agent or adjuster, you have a responsibility to keep claims costs down while still providing the best services possible for your customers.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are uniquely qualified to help. Our results create a measurable difference, giving you many competitive advantages.
Emergency Response to Claims
Restoring property is the SERVPRO Franchise Professional's first priority. Your customer will appreciate the immediate response and you will know everything is being done to limit the damage.
Pretesting Reduces Claims Expense
Restoring property is less expensive than replacing property. Claims Professionals know the rule is, "Restore whenever possible, replace only when necessary." SERVPRO Franchise Professionals make sure pretesting is completed on every loss to determine restorability.
Claims Inventory Service
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can provide an itemized loss inventory. You will receive an Excel formatted report and pictures of important items.
Electronic Claims Information
Our Claims Information Center provides fast, accurate information you need to make sound decisions, including:
- A Complete Electronic Job File.
- First Notice of Loss.
- Detailed Estimate.
- Digital Loss Photos.
- Scanned Forms and Paperwork.
- All delivered by email or hard copy.
- Online Access to All Files.
- New Assignments.
- Pending Jobs.
- Completed Jobs.
- Informative Reports to Improve Results
- Performance Comparison to Industry Standard.
Why SERVPRO is the Right Choice to Make
All of our employees that enter your home are trained to safely clean and restore your home or business after it's faced a loss.
Below are the steps that we take for Cleaning and Restoring Your Home or Business in regards to a water loss:
- Identify the Source/ Type of Water
- Measure Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
- Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises for Hidden Moisture
- Perform Emergency Water Extraction
- Move and Block furniture and Contents
- Inspect Carpet Pad/Carpet and Provide Service
- Apply Necessary Treatments (Disinfectants/Deodorization)
- Utilize Advanced Drying and Monitoring Equipment
- Dispose of unsalvageable items
All of our technicians are IICRC certified and have extensive knowledge about our services and equipment. Call SERVPRO of Paris today! 903-784-2700
How To Safely Remove Odors, Kill Germs And Clean The Air
The Hydroxyl Generator is one of the most scientifically-advanced pieces of equipment we use to combat malodors and leave a property deodorized following biohazard, fire or water damage events.
The main benefit of using a true hydroxyl generator is that they are safe to use in occupied areas for deodorization purposes. For insurance companies and commercial businesses alike, they love this machine because it means less out of pocket expenses and henceforth, less business disruption!
These generators have been successfully tested on fires and other restoration and bio jobs, including protein fires, floods, dead body situations, skunk odors, pet urine odors, musty odors and many types of odors. However, it’s important to note that hydroxyl generators are not intended for use on mold remediation jobs where there is a large infestation on surfaces or behind walls. The established protocols should always be followed in these instances. But generators with good filtration are excellent for airborne microbial remediation where bacteria or fungi have become aerosolized.
Here’s a rundown of some additional facts in order to give you the inside scoop, should you ever need to reach out to us for smoke/soot deodorization needs:
How it Works:
- UVA rays are emitted from the titanium dioxide photocatalytic lamps (wow, that was a mouthful) where they then pass through a permanent anatase coated super reactor screen, forming electron hole pairs that react with water and oxygen in the air to form free electrons and hydroxyl radicals that then decompose and eliminate organic and inorganic gases and air pollutants. Wow, trying saying all that in one breath!
- Use on fire and flood damage restoration jobs
- Use to destroy odors from cigarette smoke, dead body, urine, garbage, airborne VOCs and more
Home flooded, now what? 24 Hour Emergency Service
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Paris provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (903)784-2700
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Paris arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Flood Damage Cleanup
When heavy flooding occurs in Paris, TX, it can cause widespread damage throughout your home. From soaked drywall to standing water that can warp or rot wooden or carpeted flooring, flood waters can wreak havoc on every level of your house. However, before you begin the cleanup process, it is important that you understand the difference between storm floods and those that stem from plumbing problems, as the remediation and restoration for each can differ.
1. Storm Floods Are Usually Widespread When violent storms cause flooding, the water can be difficult to control or divert. Even streams or creeks that spill over during heavy rain are capable of creating significant flood waters that can pour into your home. When this happens, almost any room can be affected, and unlike small plumbing floods, the water cannot be confined to one area.
2. Flood Water Is Contaminated Flood damage cleanup presents a unique set of challenges because of the condition of the water. Overflowing sewers, animal waste and pesticides from flooded lawns can severely contaminate flood water and make it dangerous to handle. Experienced technicians that work at a storm cleanup and remediation service usually call this Category 3, or black water, as it did not come from a sterile source, such as a broken kitchen pipe or water line, both of which are generally considered Category 1.
3. Mold Growth Can Happen Quickly Standing water that stems from heavy floods can increase the humidity in your home and accelerate mold growth on walls, ceilings and furniture. Having the rooms drained as soon as possible can decrease this type of water damage. However, if mold develops afterward, it is wise to ask your cleanup technicians to perform a flood cut in each room to ensure no fungi has spread into the interior walls. Flooding can cause significant damage when it invades your home.
Understanding the difference between outdoor floods and those that begin indoors will likely make the cleanup process less stressful.
Mold is not Always Easy to Spot
One of the most common problems that homeowners face are mold and mildew infestations. This fungus grows on anything and thrives anywhere it can find moisture, especially places that are damp, warm, poorly lit, and poorly ventilated. Not only does it produce a musty, unpleasant odor, but when left unchecked it can cause serious damage.
Mold is not limited to growing in obvious places, it can grow and thrive in the dark corners of your home. These leaks can be small and hard to notice especially when they are behind walls.
Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. If you suspect you have mold in your home, you should call us to inspect your home. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. Call us at 903-784-2700
What is a Category 3 Water Loss?
Flood water is classified based on level of contamination: category one, two or three. Knowing what type of flood is an important factor for how to approach the cleanup situation. Category three water requires the most careful deliberation to properly clean the mess. Here’s what you need to know.
What Is Category 3 Water?
Category one water is often referred to as a “clean water” flood, referring to non-contaminated water, but category three, or “black water,” is on the other end of the spectrum. Black water is defined as such because it may contain some of the following contaminants:
- Heavy metals
Anytime there is a natural flood, the water is considered contaminated. This is true for rivers, creeks, and sea water. Most black water floods are caused from something more familiar to your environment: sewage overflows. A toilet overflow is one of the most common causes of a category three flood in a commercial building, so it’s important to know what to do if you experience black water flooding in your building.
What Can You Do While You Wait?
As in the case of any flood water, safety is the first step, but with a black water flood that means taking some added precautions. While a flood remediation expert will do the work and guide the way, here are some things you can do while waiting for help:
- Make sure electricity is off.
- Protect your skin from contact with the contaminated water.
- Act quickly to remove all water.
- Remove smaller items from the flood area.
- Lift furniture onto blocks or use aluminum foil to prevent wood from absorbing water.
- Turn up the air conditioner, use fans, or open windows to allow maximum airflow.
Help Arrives Knowing how to recognize category three flood water and how to start the initial cleanup are helpful to minimizing damage while you wait for help. SERVPRO of Paris water mitigation specialists have experience dealing with these types of floods and use their knowledge and specialized equipment to clean it up the right way. 903-784-2700
Why Water Damage Should be Dried by a Water Mitigation Company
Water damage is both an inconvenience and a destructive force, often causing a lot of damage. Of course, it can also be expensive, even with insurance. While many would opt to clean and repair water damage on their own if they could, it’s quite the risk. That’s why we urge you to call your local water mitigation company.
One of the main reasons you should have a professional disaster restoration company dry your water damage is because remaining moisture can encourage mold growth. The faster water damage is dried, the lower the odds you’ll have mold. That’s why our technicians will also apply an antimicrobial spray—to inhibit potential mold growth.
Depending on where water damage occurs, it’s possible that water was absorbed or got behind materials. For example, in many instances, water will get behind walls or under flooring where it cannot be seen by the naked eye. A professional disaster restoration company, however, can use moisture meters and other specialized equipment to detect high levels of moisture and determine areas that need to dry.
Your Local Disaster Restoration Company
Water damage can disrupt lives, but by calling in professionals immediately, you can mitigate the impact it has over the long term. If you have water damage don’t hesitate to call us at SERVPRO of Paris 903-784-2700
What is an Emergency Ready Profile?
According to FEMA, around 40% of businesses fail to reopen after a disaster. And to make things worse, the United States Small Business Administration found that over 90% of businesses close within 2 years of a disaster. But despite these alarming statistics, you can mitigate the impact of a disaster if you make preparations in advance. One of the easiest ways you can begin preparations is by creating an Emergency Ready Profile.
All of Our Business’ Vital Information
An Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) is a document comprised of all of your business’ vital information. It includes emergency contact information, utility shut-off locations, and other information you or your employees might need in an emergency situation.
Your local SERVPRO franchise will create an ERP for your business—free of charge! A representative will come in and ask a few questions, then get the necessary information regarding shut-offs and emergency exit points. The whole process should take no more than a few minutes of your time!
After your representative complies the documents, they will present both a physical and a digital copy of the ERP. And in some cases, they will give a copy to your local fire department to have for their own records.
Recovering Your Business
After a disaster, your priority should be to get your business back to its normal operations. Fortunately, an ERP allows you the opportunity to quickly respond and take crucial actions. So if you want to get an ERP for your business call SERVPRO of Paris today at 903-784-2700!