Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Paris, 903-784-2700
How SERVPRO Helps During a Disaster
How SERVPRO Helps During a Disaster
During a natural disaster in Paris, TX it can be expected that there will be a large amount of damage to the area. When this happens, it is important to call on a reliable service for disaster recovery. Here are just a few reasons why SERVPRO is a leading choice during emergencies.
- They Can Handle Any Size Disaster
When a large disaster occurs, it can cause a devastating amount of storm damage. It can take a lot of work to get the rebuilding process completed, starting with mitigation and ending with restoration. Whether it’s a flood, hurricane, tornado or blizzard, they can handle any kind of disaster. Their large-loss specialists are trained and qualified to take care of an emergency of any size.
- They Are Available Nationwide
SERVPRO has over 1,700 franchise locations across the nation, so they can arrive quickly wherever they are needed for disaster recovery. Corporate locations can provide any needed equipment to franchise locations so that they have the right tools to get the job done. When extra help is needed in a particular location, teams from other areas can be called in for help.
- They Are Always Ready
Because they are open 24 hours a day and are available any day of the year, SERVPRO is always ready to come to your aid. Their quick storm response time means they can start working as soon as possible to mitigate any property that has been affected by the disaster. Getting mitigation done in a timely manner means that there will be less overall damage and the restoration process will take less time and money to complete. When you are in need of a disaster recovery service, you should choose a company that can work well while completing mitigation and repairs as quickly as possible. With highly-trained professionals that are always available in many locations across the country, SERVPRO is an obvious choice.
SERVPRO of Paris understands your situation. As an agent or adjuster, you have a responsibility to keep claims costs down while still providing the best services possible for your customers.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are uniquely qualified to help. Our results create a measurable difference, giving you many competitive advantages.
Emergency Response to Claims
Restoring property is the SERVPRO Franchise Professional's first priority. Your customer will appreciate the immediate response and you will know everything is being done to limit the damage.
Pretesting Reduces Claims Expense
Restoring property is less expensive than replacing property. Claims Professionals know the rule is, "Restore whenever possible, replace only when necessary." SERVPRO Franchise Professionals make sure pretesting is completed on every loss to determine restorability.
Claims Inventory Service
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can provide an itemized loss inventory. You will receive an Excel formatted report and pictures of important items.
Electronic Claims Information
Our Claims Information Center provides fast, accurate information you need to make sound decisions, including:
- A Complete Electronic Job File.
- First Notice of Loss.
- Detailed Estimate.
- Digital Loss Photos.
- Scanned Forms and Paperwork.
- All delivered by email or hard copy.
- Online Access to All Files.
- New Assignments.
- Pending Jobs.
- Completed Jobs.
- Informative Reports to Improve Results
- Performance Comparison to Industry Standard.
Why SERVPRO is the Right Choice to Make
All of our employees that enter your home are trained to safely clean and restore your home or business after it's faced a loss.
Below are the steps that we take for Cleaning and Restoring Your Home or Business in regards to a water loss:
- Identify the Source/ Type of Water
- Measure Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
- Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises for Hidden Moisture
- Perform Emergency Water Extraction
- Move and Block furniture and Contents
- Inspect Carpet Pad/Carpet and Provide Service
- Apply Necessary Treatments (Disinfectants/Deodorization)
- Utilize Advanced Drying and Monitoring Equipment
- Dispose of unsalvageable items
All of our technicians are IICRC certified and have extensive knowledge about our services and equipment. Call SERVPRO of Paris today! 903-784-2700
How To Safely Remove Odors, Kill Germs And Clean The Air
The Hydroxyl Generator is one of the most scientifically-advanced pieces of equipment we use to combat malodors and leave a property deodorized following biohazard, fire or water damage events.
The main benefit of using a true hydroxyl generator is that they are safe to use in occupied areas for deodorization purposes. For insurance companies and commercial businesses alike, they love this machine because it means less out of pocket expenses and henceforth, less business disruption!
These generators have been successfully tested on fires and other restoration and bio jobs, including protein fires, floods, dead body situations, skunk odors, pet urine odors, musty odors and many types of odors. However, it’s important to note that hydroxyl generators are not intended for use on mold remediation jobs where there is a large infestation on surfaces or behind walls. The established protocols should always be followed in these instances. But generators with good filtration are excellent for airborne microbial remediation where bacteria or fungi have become aerosolized.
Here’s a rundown of some additional facts in order to give you the inside scoop, should you ever need to reach out to us for smoke/soot deodorization needs:
How it Works:
- UVA rays are emitted from the titanium dioxide photocatalytic lamps (wow, that was a mouthful) where they then pass through a permanent anatase coated super reactor screen, forming electron hole pairs that react with water and oxygen in the air to form free electrons and hydroxyl radicals that then decompose and eliminate organic and inorganic gases and air pollutants. Wow, trying saying all that in one breath!
- Use on fire and flood damage restoration jobs
- Use to destroy odors from cigarette smoke, dead body, urine, garbage, airborne VOCs and more
Home flooded, now what? 24 Hour Emergency Service
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Paris provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (903)784-2700
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Paris arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Flood Damage Cleanup
When heavy flooding occurs in Paris, TX, it can cause widespread damage throughout your home. From soaked drywall to standing water that can warp or rot wooden or carpeted flooring, flood waters can wreak havoc on every level of your house. However, before you begin the cleanup process, it is important that you understand the difference between storm floods and those that stem from plumbing problems, as the remediation and restoration for each can differ.
1. Storm Floods Are Usually Widespread When violent storms cause flooding, the water can be difficult to control or divert. Even streams or creeks that spill over during heavy rain are capable of creating significant flood waters that can pour into your home. When this happens, almost any room can be affected, and unlike small plumbing floods, the water cannot be confined to one area.
2. Flood Water Is Contaminated Flood damage cleanup presents a unique set of challenges because of the condition of the water. Overflowing sewers, animal waste and pesticides from flooded lawns can severely contaminate flood water and make it dangerous to handle. Experienced technicians that work at a storm cleanup and remediation service usually call this Category 3, or black water, as it did not come from a sterile source, such as a broken kitchen pipe or water line, both of which are generally considered Category 1.
3. Mold Growth Can Happen Quickly Standing water that stems from heavy floods can increase the humidity in your home and accelerate mold growth on walls, ceilings and furniture. Having the rooms drained as soon as possible can decrease this type of water damage. However, if mold develops afterward, it is wise to ask your cleanup technicians to perform a flood cut in each room to ensure no fungi has spread into the interior walls. Flooding can cause significant damage when it invades your home.
Understanding the difference between outdoor floods and those that begin indoors will likely make the cleanup process less stressful.