Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
No one sets out to have water damage or wants to experience a flood, but disasters do happen. Lamar County never expected to have two floods back to back in 2016 causing multiple homes and businesses to take on excess water. Major flood warnings were issued due to above average rainfall totals.
Events like these are not uncommon in Texas and Oklahoma. That’s why we’re here. When water damage happens, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Paris. 903-784-2700
We are the water restoration specialists and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Whether it’s storm damage, flood damage, sewer leak, toilet or sink leak, we have the experience and the equipment to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (903) 784-2700
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.