Spring cleaning fire safety checks
Spring cleaning tips to avoid disaster
- Test your smoke alarms, and replace any alarms that are 10 years old or older.
- Test your carbon monoxide alarms and replace any alarms that are 7 years or older.
- Check your dryer vents and clean hosing.
- Clean clutter inside and outside the home.
- Check all home cording on on electronics and appliances for fraying or any damage.
- Properly store household all household chemicals.
- Make sure your house numbers are visible from the street.
- keep 100 ft. garden hose with a sprayer nozzle attached available at all times.
- Give your outside grill a good check and cleaning
- Make sure that your family has a good escape plan.
By doing these things you can assure your family will be able to avoid the loss of your home or serious injury.
Happy spring cleaning.