What Plumbers Say Cause Drain Issues
Buzz Lightyear calls it like he sees it.
As a homeowner you should never underestimate the seriousness of drainage issues. Plumbers have weighed in and have given their expert opinion on what causes these issues and some tips on how to avoid them. Here are the four things to look for.
- Recurring Clogs- If a clog returns, chances are that there is a deeper clog.
- Multiple Clogged drains-If you have several clogged drains, you may have a clog in your main drain.
- Foul odor-Persistent sewer odors coming from your drain or drains can be a major sign of a drainage issue.
- Flooding-One of the worst problems associated with clog drains is sewage backup. Getting a professional on the site as soon as you can will help you avoid a big problem.
Routine maintenance is key to keeping those drains open. Use drain catchers or less toilet paper. Also make sure that you run plenty of water into the garbage disposal after use. Just those few things help a lot. If you ever do have water damage, call SERVPRO of Paris with your water needs. We will be there to clean up the mess those clogged drains made.
Restoring your property after a water damage event
Flooding and water damage events at near by commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Paris
SERVPRO of Paris specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Basement Flooding Problems
This gives a whole new meaning to man cave.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 903-784-2700
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Paris and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 903-784-2700
Mold Prevention Tips
Check around the house and make sure you don't have mold.
Nobody likes a mold problem. There are several ways to prevent mold growth in your home. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Control your indoor climate
- Keep a eye out for standing water
- Do not leave wet clothing around for more then two days.
- If the moisture becomes to much in your home, add a dehumidifier.
- Check for drainage problems around the home.
- Eliminate clutter in and outside of the home
- Properly size your air conditioner unit to the size of your home.
- An indoor humidity monitor will help you keep track of the moisture in your home
- Always check your air conditioning unit before turning it on for the season.
- Call a professional if you believe you may have any mold problem.
Hurrican Season is Here
Tropical Storms can have very high winds. Always be prepared.
People who live along coastlines need to always be prepared for tropical storms. According to the National Hurricane Center, the key factors are to prepare for the risk and to act on those preparations when told by emergency officials. Here are some tips to help you prepare for hurricane season.
- Have a good evacuation plan. storms can generate very high waters.
- Buy supplies. Buy them over a period of time if you have to. You do not want to be caught in the chaos when the storms are coming.
- Check your insurance coverage. You do need to make sure you carry flood insurance.
- Even if you are far from a coastline you still need to be prepared.
- Safety is key. If you have children around, make sure they know what to do in the event of a hurricane.
- Make copies of important documents and put them in your kit for safe keeping.
- Protect your home. Cover doors and windows with plywood if possible. This may help reduce the damage.
- Back up your electronic devices. You may have information you do not want to lose.
We cannot be prepared enough when there is a chance of a tropical storm. Be safe and aware.
Avoid Scams After Storm Damage
This is a good indication of what is actually happening during what you may think is a good deal.
When your dealing with a natural disaster such as a storm, tornado, or hurricane, you can be sure that scammers will be around the corner. If the community has been affected the con-artist come to call. Most of us trust people willing to step in for the cause. We believe in our fellow man. Typically, they will offer to do work for a certain price, then ask for a portion of the payment up front-in cash. Then they use an excuse to leave and disappear forever. Here are some tips to avoid scams in a storm situation.
- Go local.
- Always get the proposal in writing
- Never pay more than one-third of the cost up front.
- Never let someone force you to make a quick decision.
- Don't pay in cash.
- Do not fall for the first offer that comes along
- Ask around to family and friends for a trusted company.
Scammers have no shame in taking from those in distress. A disaster can cause a lot of stress and scramble for help as soon as possible. Take your time and avoid being scammed.
Commercial Loss Challenges
Fire losses account for approximately $2.3 billion in commercial and industrial direct property loss each year. At times you can have large-loss fires that affect buildings such as apartments, facilities, and places people work. These types of losses affect multiple lives. It can take a lot of effort on everyone's part to provide support. Here are some tips for the property owner to consider during this time.
- Make sure everyone is safe and away from the property. Safety is the number one concern.
- Get the community involved in helping families or workers that may be affected
- Bring your adjuster in early to help manage things such as photos, mitigation, documenting anything they need to.
- Analyze your policy, including all clauses, additions, extensions, and exclusions.
- Bring in experts to check out the damages
- Communication is key. Everyone should stay in good contact to get the job done as smoothly as possible.
- Know that the process can be long and require a lot of patience.
Tornado Season is Upon Us
A tornado on the open road.
Everybody knows you cannot avoid mother nature. Tornadoes can cause great damage in the lives of people who encounter them. Tornadoes occur when a warm front meets a cold front, forming a thunderstorm that can form twisters.The regions of west Texas up to North Dakota carry the greatest risk for tornadoes. Always get in the middle of the house or in the smallest room with no windows. Stay away from your outside windows. When you hear a warning, take cover. Always be prepared for a tornado event during the season. A lot of people lose their homes, pets, and even their lives during a tornado. Make sure to be supportive in clean up around your community. Things can be rebuilt and people can help others through providing disaster relief. Please keep your family and pets as safe and secure as you can. SERVPRO of Paris provides help during times of major storms. That is part of the SERVPRO way. We are always there to help those who need us. Remember to stay safe and prepared at all times.
Don't DIY When You Have a Water Loss
If we spill something we usually have no problem cleaning it without the use of professionals. Most of us have had a lot of water flood or leak into our home. Some jobs can be cleaned up with household tools, towels, and fans to help dry things up. What you don't know is sometimes that does not work. There is a science to correctly drying out a home and avoiding strong odors, mold, and further damage. It is important that you have homeowners insurance or even renters insurance when problems arise. Always look over your policy carefully. It is always good to call in a professional service to get you on the right track when going through the stress of a water loss. Never assume you have dried the home completely. The source of the water is very important also. There are many things to consider during the time of the loss. Let us help you through the tough stuff. Call SERVPRO of Paris today to get the job done right.
Good Mold VS. Bad Mold
When most of us hear the word mold we assume it could be good mold or bad mold. Let's take good mold for example. It is found in medicines to cure illness. It is also found in cheeses and of course the moldy loaf of bread left open a little to long. Next we have a type of normal mold that falls in between good and bad. There are two types of normal molds. There are airborne mold spores and mold growth. There is simply no way around the airborne mold. This type of mold is present to some degree in the air we breath. The mold we see in our homes such as in the window seals and bathtubs are simply common day to day molds. They are not from a sustainable food source. It can be cleaned away, so this makes it normal. The bad mold people fear most is considered bad mold because it could potentially affect the air with elevated mold spores which is quite a bit different than normal.The food sources within a home are pretty numerous. Materials must be properly removed and/or cleaned. Airborne issues must also be addressed. The first step a homeowner should take if they suspect mold is to call a specialist to ensure the proper precautions and testing are done properly.